Our Commitment To Your Privacy
This Policy only applies to the use that we make of data provided to us via the internet and email. Other uses may be made of data provided to Cargo Media Ltd in correspondence, by telephone or by other means not detailed in this Policy.
- How we collect or obtain information about you:
- when you provide it to us e.g. by contacting us, taking out a subscription on our website, completing registration forms or signing up for content such as newsletters.
- from your use of our website, using cookies and occasionally, from third parties.
- Information we collect: name, contact details, payment information e.g. your credit or debit card details, IP address, information from cookies, information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you view them and what you clicked on, the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address), company name or business name (if applicable), VAT number (if applicable), your job function, company type, engagement history and transaction history.)
- How we use your information: for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you and process orders you place on our website, to improve our business and website, to fulfil our contractual obligations, to advertise our and other’s goods and services, to analyse your use of our website, and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.)
- Disclosure of your information to third parties: user information can be shared with partners for specific types of content and events where a user has registered their information and given explicit consent to do so. Other disclosures are only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you and where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
What Information We Use:
- IP Address: When you visit our website, we log your IP address as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or other internet-enabled device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern; to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests; to recognise you when you return to our site.
- Personal information: Name, Address. Used for mailing the magazine. Wider non-identifiable information such as country might be used for statistical purposes.
Why We Need To Collect Information From You:
We will notify you as to the types of information we are collecting about you as well as the uses we intend to make of that information. We may use the information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our online services or special offers, competitions or promotions we think you’ll find of interest.
Who Else Will We Tell About You?
Subject to what is laid out in this policy, we will not pass on your personal details to any third party, including site sponsors or advertisers, without your consent. We may provide aggregate statistics about our users, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to Our third-party partners (if any), but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
If you enter any surveys or competitions on this web site it may be necessary for us to provide your personal information to the promoters of the competition or to others that are involved in the organisation of the competition or the prize-giving.
Of course, if you post any personal information to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world. Also, we may transfer your personal information to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries) if Cargo Media Ltd acquires, or is acquired by or merged with, another company. This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with Cargo Media Ltd despite a change of ownership.
We may also need to provide your data to our subscription and other fulfilment agents in order to provide goods or services to you.
Finally, Cargo Media Ltd is not responsible for all of the web sites that are referred to, or linked to, in this web site. When you visit these other web sites your personal information might be used by others in ways that do not conform to the terms of this Policy.
Security and possibility of international transfer:
Please note that countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA, but we always demand that those parties to whom we transfer data adhere to the same security procedures that we follow ourselves. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide the information.
If at any point you wish to unsubscribe, please use the link at the bottom of any correspondence you receive from us.. Alternatively you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the information that we hold on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback, Comments & Suggestions